|Online registration for this event is now closed. Registration will be available at the Will Call desk at the event one hour prior to the lecture.|
This could be YOUR chance to secure a $10,000 advance, publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author!
The Writer’s Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience in four information-packed sessions, including workshops with author Cheryl Richardson, a #1 New York Times best-selling author who has written five books that have sold over a million copies combined. Her work has been widely covered in the media, including her regular appearances on Good Morning America, and the Lifestyle Makeover Series she leads for the Oprah Winfrey Show. Also presenting are Hay House President/CEO Reid Tracy, who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry; and Lisa Fugard, whose critically acclaimed novel, Skinner’s Drift, was named a New York Times notable book.
9:00am - 12:15pm ~ REID TRACY
12:15 - 1:45pm ~ Lunch Break
1:45 - 5:00pm ~ REID TRACY
9:00am - 12:30pm ~ LISA FUGARD
12:30-2:00pm ~ Lunch Break
2:00-5:00pm ~ CHERYL RICHARDSON
You’ll get the inside information about publishing your book that you’ve always wanted to know. You’ll learn:
• How to organize your thoughts into a book
• How to rewrite and refine your work
• How to handle rejections from publishers
• How to manifest determination to publish your book
• How to get a publisher’s attention
• How to find an agent
• How to write a book proposal
• How to contact the news media about your book
You’ll also watch exclusive videos of Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue and other authors as they share their writing process, how they first got published, and the secrets that led to their publishing success.
Submissions Due: April 11, 2013
Winners Announced: May 13, 2013
This could be YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author! One participant is guaranteed a $10,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House!
Those participants interested in qualifying for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract are required to submit a book proposal.
• To be considered for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal via email to WritersWorkshop@HayHouse.com
by April 11,2013.
• Please include all relevant links, cover letters, proposal all in one document
• Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send.
o For example: A word document should be saved as “Sally Smith – Manifesting Peace Proposal”
Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.