|When we feel confused, a normal reaction is to reject the confusion, dwell on it excessively, or find ways to distract ourselves. We typically look outward in seeking comfort, support or advice. But external supports are only temporary and inevitably fail us. According to the Tibetan spiritual traditions, the best medicine is to be found within. |
The nature of your true identity is open and clear, and it is the source of all healing as well as the source of creativity, love, joy, compassion, and all other positive qualities. When you can shift your attention from the problem to the awareness of the space of being, you will find that solutions to your problems arise naturally from that space. The whole universe arises, rests, and dissolves in that boundless space of infinite potential.
In this three-part series, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche will guide you in accessing and becoming familiar with the space of inner refuge, so you can live from that space with vibrancy and generosity.
As an added bonus, when you purchase this course, you’ll receive a free copy of Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s newest book, Awakening the Luminous Mind: Tibetan Meditation for Inner Peace and Joy (Hay House, June 2012). Each book includes a bonus CD of guided meditations.
Lesson 1: Finding Refuge through the Three Doors
August 7, 2012 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Pacific Time
In today’s session, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche introduces the three doorways to inner refuge, guiding a meditation practice that will help you connect deeply with the stillness of the body, the silence of speech, and the spaciousness of the mind. You will learn how to:
• Identify the source of any ongoing pain and confusion in your life
• Host that pain with non-conceptual awareness, allowing it to dissolve in the space of being
• Notice and nurture any positive qualities that arise from that clear space, the space that is absent of pain or confusion
• Use daily challenges as a reminder to turn inward for support and refuge.
Lesson 2: Inner Refuge and Discovering the Sacred Self
August 14, 2012 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Pacific Time
Through the release of pain and confusion, you can discover the sacred dimensions of body, speech, and mind. Rinpoche refers to these sacred dimensions as the body of emptiness, the body of light, and the body of great bliss. In today’s session, Rinpoche helps you renew your connection with the stillness, silence and spaciousness as an entryway to the three sacred dimensions. He shares a teaching poem of inner refuge that permits understanding and deep healing through:
• The openness of the body of emptiness
• The awareness of the body of light
• The warmth of the body of great bliss.
Lesson 3: The Gifts of Inner Refuge
August 21, 2012 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Pacific Time
According to dzogchen, or the Great Perfection, positive experiences and actions naturally arise when you abide in the inner refuge. In today’s session Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche explains how you can not only benefit from the healing gift of refuge, but also use this gift to benefit others in your life and your world. A guided meditation practice will help you to access the gifts within and share them with others.
• By finding the gift of openness within, you can offer that gift to those in your life who are in most need of your openness.
• By connecting with the gift of awareness within, you can give others access to a deepening connection with you.
• By feeling the gift of warmth within, you can offer that gift to those who truly need your warmth.
If you can’t make the live airdates, you can still join Rinpoche!
For your convenience, all participants automatically receive downloadable mp3s of all three lessons. Each lesson will be uploaded into your account within a few days of its live airdate and will then be available for you to download anytime within seven days. Hay House will send you a notification email when each lesson is available to download from your account. So you can still take the course no matter what your schedule!