|Do you have an important message to share with the world? Do you have a dream to write a book, build a speaking career, appear on TV, or host your own radio show?|
FRIDAY: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
SATURDAY: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SUNDAY: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
MOVERS AND SHAKERS SPOTLIGHT :
One Workshop Participant:
Host a weekly radio show on Hay House Radio for one month
One Workshop Participant:
Host a live online event
One Workshop Participant:
Will be Awarded a Publishing Contract with a $10,000 Advance
• To be considered for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal by their respective workshop deadline.
• The winner of the publishing contract will have their book published under the Hay House Insights imprints. Their book will be available in print-on-demand format through Amazon and Barnes and Noble and also e-book format through Apple,Nook and Kindle.
The most successful authors, teachers, and speakers know that it takes a firm commitment of time and energy to build the kind of platform that not only reaches millions, but also grabs the interest of publishers, producers, editors, or speaker’s bureaus. If you’re a mover and shaker, and you’re ready to make that kind of commitment, then you’ll want to register now for this exciting event!
During the Movers & Shakers weekend intensive, you will learn:
• The ten rules that, when followed, will allow you to build a strong foundation for a successful, long-term, public career
• The key spokes of a multimedia platform wheel
• What to consider when building a successful personal brand
• How to develop and deliver a compelling message
• How to communicate effectively to a wide audience
• The power of personal image and why you need to assess and enhance yours
• Who should (and should not) become a public speaker and why
• The key components of a successful workshop or speech
• The right way to approach a speaker’s bureau
• The ins and outs of writing and publishing—a book, a magazine column, blogs, e-newsletters, and various other media
• What publishers look for when it comes to choosing and developing successful authors
• The truth about publicity and what you need to do to generate the right kind
• What television and radio producers want most when booking talent for shows
• The right kind of web presence and what you need to do to build a successful online community
• How to tap into the exciting world of social media to build a worldwide audience
• How to successfully launch a book or product through an online marketing campaign
• Tips and practical advice about affiliate marketing
• What it takes to develop a TV show and/or PBS special
Move and Shake your dreams into reality!
Led by Cheryl Richardson and Reid Tracy, this exciting weekend is designed to give you a framework that will birth a successful public career. The program includes lectures, interactive exercises, and live coaching where Cheryl and Reid will work with individuals to demonstrate key points.
Cheryl Richardson is a #1 New York Times best-selling author who has written five books that have sold over a million copies. Her work has been covered widely in the media including The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, CBS This Morning, The Today Show, and regular appearances on Good Morning America, as well as leading the Lifestyle Makeover Series for The Oprah Winfrey Show. She’s created a successful multimedia career that has brought her message to millions of people around the world. As a professional coach, author, speaker, TV personality, radio host, and social media expert, Cheryl offers an unprecedented “inside view” into what it takes to build a successful brand.
Joining Cheryl for the weekend is
Reid Tracy, President and CEO of Hay House, Inc., the largest and most influential self-empowerment publishing company in the world. Acquiring hundreds of prominent authors over the years, Reid has played a role in the strategic development of authors such as Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Jerry and Esther Hicks, Suze Orman, Ben Stein and Doreen Virtue. He has also produced more than 12 successful PBS Specials that have raised over $100 million for Public Television. Most recently, he was the executive producer of several movies, including The Shift, with Wayne Dyer and You Can Heal Your Life, a documentary about Louise Hay’s life. Reid is also directly responsible for establishing Hay House’s offices in New York, London, Sydney, Johannesburg, and New Delhi.
2013 SPEAK, WRITE & PROMOTE: MOVERS & SHAKERS OFFICIAL GUIDELINES
Deadlines for Submissions:
• New York attendees should submit videos and book proposals to Hay House no later than March 3, 2014 | Winner announced 4/3/2014 on the Movers & Shakers Facebook Page
How to Submit Video and Book Proposal:
• Entrants shall upload submissions to YouTube and e-mail link to email@example.com
• Subject line should read "Movers & Shakers Video Submission - ".
• Entrants shall submit book proposals in PDF or Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entrants may submit video link and book proposal within the same email.
• You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your submission(s) has been received.
Rules/Qualifications for Submissions:
• All entrants must attend at least one of the Movers & Shakers events to qualify.
• Duration of each video must be between 5 and 7 minutes in length (7 minutes max).
Content Guidelines, Recommendations, and Ideas:
Listed below are elements and suggestions from Hay House; however, you are not limited to these guidelines. You are encouraged to create an authentic, original, and creative piece. Whether you choose to introduce yourself; talk about your background, skills, and strengths; and then lead into your sample of a lecture or workshop is entirely up to you.
• Please state your name, occupation, and where you live.
• Specify which opportunity you want to be considered for (live online event and/or radio show).
• Open your video with a clear, direct message to the viewer about your work and how it will help them.
• Tell a moving, relevant story to underscore your message.
• Finish by restating your message and providing a call to action.
Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs or related materials, and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the "Submissions") will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) on www.hayhouse.com, www.hayhouse.co.uk, www.healyourlife.com, or any other Hay House Internet properties (the "Website"); (ii) for broadcast or other publication by Hay House, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies or entities. By submitting the above, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions, and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution, and/or broadcast of your Submission(s). These rules do not apply to book proposals and/or manuscripts submissions..
1. Neither Hay House nor any of its affiliated companies or entities is obligated to use or pay you for any Submission.
2. All Submissions shall become the property of Hay House; may be edited for length, clarity, and/or functionality; will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality; and may be shared with and used by the staff of Hay House and any of their affiliated companies or entities, and legal authorities if Hay House believes it is warranted. Neither Hay House nor any third party or others with whom Hay House shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you provide. (Applies to videos only.)
3. Hay House shall exclusively own all known or later existing rights to the Submissions worldwide and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose in all media now known or hereafter discovered without compensation to the provider of such Submissions. (Applies to videos only.)
4. Hay House reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions, or other specifics, as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
5. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, or obscene; or invades a person's privacy; or violates any law, copyright of any intellectual property or other property, or other rights; or is known to be false.
6. Submissions cannot contain any music not created by you or by someone who has given you written permission to use their music. Even then, you must be sure that the person giving permission owns the rights to the music. It's not uncommon for artists to sell those rights to whoever is producing or publishing their recording.