Senior Magento Web Developer
This is a full time, in-house position in Carlsbad with opportunity for growth and advancement. We offer a 4-day work week with benefits and paid time off.
Please read the job description and requirements below and email your resume to be considered for the position.
Works closely with Director of Web Marketing to define and execute both front-end production and back-end website updates including ongoing maintenance, new development initiatives, and quality control. This role is an e-commerce technical liaison between outside development agencies, hosting providers and internal teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop new features, customization for Magento Enterprise platform
- Perform both front-end and back-end code updates
- Coordinates updates with various website development agencies
- Responsible for managing version control system
- Assist Web Director with web development strategies and execute the plans
- Monitor site performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Manages various web related projects including development and launch of future phases under the direction of the Web Marketing Director
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to website development projects
- Oversees the management of AWS server instances with Hosting Providers, manages and optimizes server structure and coordinates the setup of new server instances as needed
- Learn new technologies and apply them to fulfill business needs
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of Magento (Enterprise level) including coding, optimization, design, and integration with 3rd party apps and tools
- Broad knowledge of web technologies, Magento e-commerce, and database driven websites
- Expertise in database concepts (MySQL)
- In-depth understanding of server configuration, optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
- Expertise in multiple browser development, web usability and interface design
- Familiar with API web service (REST, SOAP)
- Ability to execute and manage projects accurately and quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task to meet objectives
- Ability to manage outside vendors
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for an interview. Salary negotiable depending upon experience. Please be prepared to provide OOP code samples.