For the first time in Australia, this year, the Hay House Writer’s Workshop will be conducted over two days. Reid Tracy, President of Hay House Inc, who transformed Hay House into one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world, will share the latest information on how to launch your career as an author.
Reid will be joined by Leon Nacson, Managing Director of Hay House Australia, along with special appearances by successful Hay House authors including Pam Grout, author of E-Squared. Sharing their knowledge and combined wisdom will give you insights to help you publish your own book. There will also be exclusive video presentations throughout the weekend by Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue and Deepak Chopra. There’s never been a better time to become a published author! Advances in technology and changes in the book publishing industry have created new opportunities. By taking part in this weekend workshop, you’ll learn what it takes to write a book, and will be privy to insight from within the industry.
What You'll Learn:
• Organising your thoughts and refining your work
• Understanding your unique creative process
• Setting a writing schedule and developing discipline
• Developing a compelling book proposal
• Getting a publisher’s attention
• Maintaining determination and focus
• Understanding the roles of author and publisher
• Turning rejection into a positive outcome
• Understanding the basics of book publishing
• Generating publicity and media interest
• Gaining information about new publishing avenues
• Using online marketing to successfully launch a book
• A special feature of this workshop will be insight from Hay House authors on their publishing journeys so far
Every workshop participant will have the opportunity to submit a proposal and a synopsis of their book. The best submission will receive an international publishing contract with Hay House, as well as an advance of AUD $5,000.
The first runner-up will receive a self-publishing package with Balboa Press, approximate value AU$2,000.
The second runner-up will receive a self-publishing package with Balboa Press, approximate value AU$1,500.
Participants will have until December 5, 2014 to submit their proposals. The winner will be announced on February 23, 2015.
Full submission details will be provided during the Writer’s Workshop.
If you’re ready to take the first step to becoming a published author, this weekend is what you've been waiting for!
Saturday September 13, 2014
Registration from 8:00am
10.00am – 5.00pm (includes breaks)
Sunday September 14, 2014
10.00am - 4.00pm (includes breaks)
General admission seating applies. Please note: we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 15.
No unsolicited or unapproved audio or video may be made at the event.
Refunds and Cancellations
There are no refunds, exchanges or cancellations once the booking is made. Please refer to our complete refund policy at: www.hayhouse.com.au/returns.php