Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
HayHouse.com: 20.7 USD $20.70
List Price: $23.00 (Save 10%)
Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 business days
Publication Date: 6/1/10
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. Her groundbreaking classic, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, updated and revised in 2006, powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives, they heal their health problems faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.
In Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom, Dr. Northrup covers the treatment of many health concerns—among them PMS, menstrual cramps, breast cysts, fibroids, cervical dysplasia, endometriosis, infertility, depression, and cystitis—explaining how many of these physical problems have roots in emotional upsets or lifestyle choices.
Dr. Northrup also guides you through many life cycles, including menstruation, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, post-partum, perimenopause, and menopause, teaching you to harness the innate power and wisdom of these stages.
Dr. Northrup also describes how to tap into your intuitive guidance system to use the messages in the body, mind, and emotions to heal.
The revised edition contains the most up-to-date information available on the entire range of women’s health concerns, including:
• A chapter on nutrition that fully explains how to eat healthfully and supplement optimally,
• A complete program for promoting breast health,
• Information on improving fertility after age 35,
• A plan for reclaiming your birth power and experiencing natural birth,
• How to cut the risk of C-section by 50 percent
• An updated, comprehensive program for menopause, including how to decide whether natural hormone replacement is right for you
• Plus dozens of new natural treatments and a wealth of hard-to-find health care resources