From common work-related stress to the more serious effects of trauma, this book teaches practical techniques to help readers achieve the best possible sleep.
Struggling with your sleep? Sleep expert Charlie Morley reveals a stress and trauma-sensitive approach to insomnia called Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep.
We spend a third of our lives asleep. On average, that's 30 years spent snoozing. It's one of the most important factors to ensuring good health and a longer life. So why do so many of us suffer from sleepless nights? And how can we sleep better and wake up healthier?
In this practical five-part book, sleep and dreams expert Charlie Morley shows you how to achieve restful, healing sleep, and combat the harmful effects of stress and trauma. Using breath and body-work practices and deep relaxation techniques, this book takes a body-based approach to combatting stress and trauma during sleep. You'll discover:
• how to optimize your sleep routine
• a step-by-step approach to improving your sleep, proven to reduce the symptoms of stress-affected sleep by up to 70%
• mindfulness-based techniques and breathwork to help reduce trauma
• lucid dreaming exercises and powerful consciousness techniques
• the neuroscience of sleep and stress
The techniques and practices in this book will help you maximize the time you spend asleep and show you how to achieve better, stress-free shuteye.