Writer's Workshop Boston 2020
- Event Details
- Location & Accommodations
- Registration Information
2-Day Intensive Workshop
Saturday & Sunday
March 28-29, 2020
9:00am - 5:00pm daily
Are you a writer with a great book idea with a strong desire to be published?
Do you just need the insider scoop on how to perfect and publish your book? This is the workshop for you!
Enter our contest for YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author!
The Writer's Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience in four information-packed sessions, including workshops with:
- Hay House President/CEO Reid Tracy, who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry.
- Colette Baron-Reid, is an internationally acclaimed Oracle expert, spiritual medium and best selling inspirational author published in 27 languages. Her bestselling meditation apps and oracle card apps are worldwide hits. She is the founder and creator of Oracle School- a global online learning experience about how to use oracles to manifest an empowered inspired magical life.
- Nancy Levin,author, master life coach and former Hay House Event Director, will offer her insight and experience as she leads writing exercises to jump-start inquiry and exploration.
- Kelly Notaras, the founder of kn literary arts, an editorial book studio specializing in self-help, personal growth, and spirituality.
- Charlie Griffin, one of San Diego’s top Internet specialists who oversees all aspects of site development from design to programming to marketing. His firm has designed websites for many Hay House authors, including James Van Praagh and Tara Stiles.
Submissions and Guidelines:
All workshop prospective attendees who dream about having their book published by Hay House are encouraged to read our submission guidelines prior to registering for this event: www.hayhouse.com/guides
Submissions Due: November 28, 2020
Winners Announced: January 28, 2021
Click Here for submission form
- One participant is guaranteed a $10,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House.
- First runner up wins a Balboa Press Master Package* ($8,799 publishing value).
- Second runner up wins a Balboa Press Inspire Package* ($3,999 publishing value).
This could be YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House and become a New York Times best-selling author! One participant is guaranteed a $10,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House!
Those participants interested in qualifying for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract are required to submit a book proposal. Literary Agent requirement waived.
- To be considered for the $10,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal to WritersWorkshop@HayHouse.com by November 28, 2020.
- Please include all relevant links, cover letters, proposal all in one document
- Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send.
Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.
* Final manuscript must be submitted to Balboa Press within two years of prize being awarded.
Location & Accommodations
The Westin Boston Waterfront
425 Summer Street Boston, MA 02210
AccommodationsVisit website here:
The Westin Boston Waterfront
Our on-site conference bookstore will offer a wide selection of specially priced books, audio programs, and gifts by the Writer's Workshop speakers.
Speakers will be available after sessions to meet fans and autograph books. For more information, please visit the onsite Bookstore.
Hay House, Inc. is committed to making its activities accessible to all individuals. If you have a need under the American Disabilities Act, and would like to submit a request for accommodation, please call the Customer Care Department at 800-654-5126 or email to Hay House Customer Care. Your particular need will be communicated to a specialist from our Events Team, who will consider whether any changes are necessary for effective communication. Please keep in mind that this is an Open Seating event, and in fairness to all those attending, we encourage early arrival for increased seating options.
Passes are non-refundable.
Important information about your passes:
Your event passes can be viewed and printed from your Hay House customer account:
The event passes will appear in your customer account under “Upcoming Event Passes”
You’ll need to print your event passes and bring them with you to the event as this is your pass into the event.
If you have any questions please call Hay House Customer Care at 800-654-5126 or chat with us live during our normal business hours 7:00 am - 5:30 pm Mon-Fri.