In this newly revised edition, Dr. Christiane Northrup once again challenges convention with this inspiring look at one of the most commonly misunderstood female health issues, while offering the latest health news on HRT, breast health, and more.
Dr. Christiane Northrup's #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife-and will continue to do so for generations to come.
As Dr. Northrup has championed, "the change" is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be "fixed," but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now-from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet-have the power to.
Now completely revised, this groundbreaking classic draws on the current research and medical advances in women's health, and includes:
- All you need to know about perimenopause, and why it is critical to your well-being
- Updated mammogram guidelines
- Nurturing your brain: sleep, mood, memory
- Hormone therapy and the options available
- Midlife weight control
- Sex and menopause: myths & reality
- With The Wisdom of Menopause, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment-emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger than ever before in both mind and body.
"No matter what is happening in your life right now, take heart. Please join me-and the millions of others who have come before and will come after-as we transform and improve our lives, and ultimately our culture, through understanding, applying, and living The Wisdom of Menopause," writes Dr. Christiane Northrup.